Monday, June 13, 2011

First Day of Work

I woke up at 5:30 AM, but it kinda felt like it was noon. Forced myself back to sleep until 8 AM, hopefully it won’t take too long for me to adjust to fourteen hours of my normal time zone.

Another nice view off my ‘balcony’ in the morning. That’s not fog though, its smog. I woke up (the second time) to these kids singing and dancing to This Time for Africa.



Breakfast was at Subway, it was just a bit off in most regards. Tasted great, just not quite the same.

At lunch time we went out to the bank and then Walmart. It was a big deal for them when they got the Walmart, but a lot of people think that everything there is too expensive. Its cheaper than it is in the US.

Lunch was at a Chinese grill, where the table is the grill. It turns out that cow tongue tastes a lot like bacon. It was mostly all delicious. One of the soups was actually almost dead on if they were trying to replicate cardboard in broth form, but there was an egg dish that was divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment